Family Night: National Fossil Day!
Saturday, October 04, 2014 10:00 AM
National Fossil Day
A very special Family Night Event
1/2 price admission to the museum all day!
(Please Note: National Fossil Day takes place on October 15, 2014 - however, the Museum is celebrating the event on Saturday, October 4 during our monthly Family Night.)
National Fossil Day is a celebration organized by the National Park Service to promote public awareness and stewardship of fossils, as well as to foster a greater appreciation of their scientific and educational values.
The South Florida Museum is excited to be the host institution this year and to partner with local and state agencies, organizations and clubs. Guests can come and meet real paleontologists and geologists who work everyday to uncover the secrets fossils reveal about our ancient Earth.
- Special Screening of Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure at 4:15 pm in the Bishop Planetarium (a National Geographic film, unrated family friendly, 40 min)
- Junior Paleontologist Badge Program presented by the Desoto National Memorial Park Rangers
- Outdoors Fossil dig for kids! Sponsored by Mosaic
- Fossil Exhibitions from the Florida Museum of Natural History, Florida Paleontological Society, Florida Fossil Hunters, the Southwest Florida Fossil Society and many others
- Speaker schedule TBA
- Stay tuned for more information!
Prices: $9 adults, $8 Seniors 65+, $7 children, kids under 4 FREE
As always museum members are always FREE
To purchase your tickets in advance Click Here!
National Fossil Day Partners:
To learn more about National Fossil Day, click here to visit the National Park Service website
Please note: Family Night at the Museum programs may vary due to other special events and Museum programs. When planning your next visit, please be sure to check this web page to view the upcoming scheduled events and Family Night themes.