Date(s) - 06/13/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
South Florida Museum
think + drink (science)
On the second Wednesday of each month from 7 to 9 pm, we transform the Bishop Planetarium into a forum for discussions at think + drink (science), a place where you can grab a beer or a glass of wine (or a soft drink) and learn about cutting-edge science in a relaxed, informal setting. Typically our “expert du jour” gives a short presentation on the topic of the month, and then opens the floor for questions and discussion.
- June 13: Pests and Pollinators
Susan Griffith – Florida-Friendly Landscaping Coordinator with UF/IFAS Manatee County Extension will join us to share why Florida-friendly landscaping is so important for water conservation and quality. We’ll also explore the challenges faced by pollinators. You’ll see the ways in which creating a garden for pollinators is so personally rewarding as well as beneficial to the environment.
Purchase tickets online now!
think + drink (science) details:
- Cost: Museum Members – $3, Non-members – $5
- Refreshments: Beer, wine, soft drinks and snack available for purchase.
- Tickets: Paid reservations required; please purchase tickets online using the links below or call 941-746-4131, ext. 113.
- Seating: Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis; please arrive promptly. Pre-purchased program seats will be held until 5 minutes prior to program start time ONLY, at which time they may be released for re-sale (no refunds or exchanges will be given after the start of the program).