Date(s) - 05/09/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
South Florida Museum
think + drink (science)
On the second Wednesday of each month from 7 to 9 pm, we transform the Bishop Planetarium into a forum for discussions at think + drink (science), a place where you can grab a beer or a glass of wine (or a soft drink) and learn about cutting-edge science in a relaxed, informal setting. Typically our “expert du jour” gives a short presentation on the topic of the month, and then opens the floor for questions and discussion.
- May 9: 14,000 Years of Florida’s Human Past
Join Dr. Nancy Marie White, Professor of Anthropology and Registered Professional Archaeologist to explore how archaeology works to interpret the past and help the present, with examples from over the 14,000 years humans have inhabited Florida.
Purchase tickets online now!
think + drink (science) details:
- Cost: Museum Members – $3, Non-members – $5
- Refreshments: Beer, wine, soft drinks and snack available for purchase.
- Tickets: Paid reservations required; please purchase tickets online using the links below or call 941-746-4131, ext. 113.
- Seating: Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis; please arrive promptly. Pre-purchased program seats will be held until 5 minutes prior to program start time ONLY, at which time they may be released for re-sale (no refunds or exchanges will be given after the start of the program).