Date(s) - 09/22/2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
South Florida Museum
Free Museum admission ALL DAY on Sept. 22.
Museum Day is an annual national event hosted by Smithsonian magazine — and hosted at the South Florida Museum by Mosaic — during which participating museums across the country open their doors for free to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket.
- What: Free Admission to the South Florida Museum during Smithsonian magazine’s Museum Day.
- When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018.
- Special Activities: The launch of our newest Pathways tour about pioneering women; special showings throughout the day of Smithsonian Channel’s “Shark Girl,” a 45-minute documentary about a 20-year-old shark conservationist. “Shark Girl” is recommended for ages 10 and older.
- In the Planetarium: KidSpace will take place at 10:30 a.m. (perfect for elementary-school aged kids) followed by showings of Perfect Little Planet in the morning and Passport to the Universe in the afternoon.
- In the Aquarium: Join us for presentations at 11 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. to learn more about manatee rehabilitation at the Museum.
- Get Tickets: Tickets are available free online beginning Aug. 15 at smithsonian.com/museumday. Download one ticket per email address. Each ticket provides free admission for two guests.