Responsible for all accounts payable activities, processing daily receipts, accounts receivable, online timekeeping system, employee payroll, basic documentation for new and existing employees for HR, collect, open and process mail, maintain organized central file system. Accounting is processed through two programs: QuickBooks Premier and Blackbaud Altru. Qualifications include: QuickBooks Premier experience, excellent computer skills and use of Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, and Outlook, excellent organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, Valid Driver’s License, 3 – 5 years applicable experience with an A.A. degree in accounting and Blackbaud experience a plus.
- Process daily receipts and reconcile front and back office overall totals for deposit and general ledger entry for visitor services, store sales, educational programs, facility rentals, special events, fundraisers and other revenue
- Process accounts receivable, invoices as needed
- Maintain accounts payable, deposits, and personnel records
- Process and maintain online timekeeping system.
- Process and record employee payroll in QuickBooks.
- Perform paperwork documentation for new and existing employees related to HR
- Maintain records of the museum’s income and expenditures including month end closing
- Collect, open and process mail
- Responsible for Petty Cash Fund, Museum credit cards and process donation drop boxes
- Work with auditors on annual basis as requested
- Maintain communication with staff regarding pertinent items
- Maintain organized central filing system
- Maintain archival records following proper records retention guidelines and scheduling out of date shredding upon expiration period
- Other duties as assigned
- QuickBooks Premier experience
- Excellent computer skills and use of Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel (Advanced), Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3 – 5 years applicable experience
- A.A. degree in accounting a plus
- Blackbaud experience a plus