School Field Trips
Reservations are required with at least one week's notice and are subject to tour schedule availability. For more information and to make reservations please call Susan McCarthy at 941-746-4131 ext. 113.
All programs are referenced to the Sunshine State Standards.
One teacher or chaperone is required for every ten students, and will be admitted for FREE!
On occasion, schools ask if they can bring “extra” chaperones. We do not encourage this practice, as it tends to distract from the students’ field trip experience. However, if you do wish to bring extra chaperones we can accommodate one (1) extra adult chaperone for every ten (10) children. A fee of $9 per extra chaperone should be included in your field trip payment. No refunds can be made for extra chaperones who are unable to attend scheduled field trips. Additional chaperones interested in joining the field trip will be considered full price admission guests for the day.
Group Tour Policies
- Tuesday- Friday only
- Reservations are required
- A minimum of one (1) week's notice is required and is subject to schedule availability. Additional notice may be required for guided groups or for special arrangements.
- Group rates are available for parties of 15 or more only.
- Payment is permitted on the day of your visit but must be made in one transaction - multiple payments (by multiple guests) is not permitted
- Please note museum passes and reciprocal memberships are not applicable for group rate admission tickets.
Grades PreK-12 Guided Highlight Tour
Two hour program includes a guided tour of the Museum’s most popular exhibits, a manatee presentation, and one planetarium show of your choice.
9:45 a.m. – noon
$7 per student
15 student minimum
This newly developed two hour program includes a custom 4th grade planetarium star talk, guided exploration of museum exhibits, and special conservation conversation in the Parker Manatee Aquarium. From the earth to the moon, all aspects of this unique program align with the Common Core state standards.
9:45 a.m. - Noon
$7 per student*
15 student minimum
*The 2016-2017 Fourth Grade Field Trips are FREE to Manatee County Schools. Includes student and teacher admission as well as bus transportation. Funding made possible through the Manatee Education Foundation, Bright House, and Florida Power and Light.
Want to meet Snooty & his tank mates but can't make it to the Museum? Our Skype with Snooty program provides a customized virtual tour of the Parker Manatee Aquarium. Program lasts 15-20 minutes and includes Q&A time!
- Skype call times are Tuesday- Friday 1:30pm - 2;15pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Program is free but a minimum donation of $25 is encouraged
- Two weeks notice is required. To schedule your call please contact Program Coordinator Susan McCarthy: 941-216-3459