Position: Community Engagement Assistant
Reports to: Community Engagement Associate
Purpose: To provide administrative, event and membership support to South Florida Museum’s Community Engagement Team
Brief Description: The South Florida Museum is looking for a part-time (25hr/wk) Community Engagement Assistant to provide Office, Membership, Event and Communications support. Candidate must have ability to complete job duties, projects, and assignments accurately with general supervision; possess a high level of interpersonal and human relations skills; interact professionally with a wide variety of personality types, roles and positions; maintain composure under pressure from multiple demands; maintain confidentiality and use of good judgment; work as a part of a team; work a flexible schedule as business necessitates, including some evenings. This position requires good communication skills, knowledge of modern office practices, policies and procedures including typing, filing, copying, faxing, email, and telephone etiquette. Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where workspace is located in an area that involves frequent interruptions.
* Maintain inventory of supplies needed by Community Engagement staff.
* Maintain inventory of marketing material and brochures
* Maintain copy room and maintenance of office equipment (copier and postage machine, etc.).
* Collect and process mail on daily basis.
* Maintain organized central filing system.
* Coordinate staff birthdays and celebrations
* Track events and programs on multiple calendars and work plans.
* Keep track of tasks and times
* Coordinate volunteer help and provide instructions for tasks as needed
* Other duties as assigned
* Process and send membership fulfilment/renewals
* Membership Data entry and maintenance
* Maintain the inventory for events
* Community Calendar listings
* Participate and provide support for events as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, word processing, and automated spreadsheets.
- Ability to track and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working in a fundraising office utilizing constituent management software
- Experience working on events production
- Two years administrative experience
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and references to HR@SouthFloridaMuseum.org - no phone calls, please.